Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Nativity Story

Yesterday my wife and I saw The Nativity Story . I would recommend it to all. While I would have liked this and that to be there. And question a little, some of it, it does well in portraying this story, and something of what Mary and Joseph went through during that time.

I find the light from the star, on the film, rather odd. I can see something like that happening for the eyes of faith, as they played it out on the screen. There has to be some kind of phenomena that was going on with that star, that at least has the element of a sign from God. And the magi evidently did use their knowledge of real stars, in arriving to their belief in a sign pointing to a special king.

The actor playing Mary, Keisha Castle-Hughes does a wonderful job, which alone makes this, for me, a film to be reseen, and even treasured. Also the actor playing Joseph, Oscar Isaac does well, along with the other actors, in my book.

Also a great read is Scot McKnight's new book, The Real Mary: Why Evangelical Christians Can Embrace the Mother of Jesus. It is easy yet engaging and profound. One that can impact our lives now and forever.

2 comments:

Allan R. Bevere said...

Ted:

I am hoping to see the movie with the whole family.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Ted M. Gossard said...

Allan,

Over on "Jesus Creed" there's a link to an interesting article by Scot McKnight on the film.

http://www.jesuscreed.org/?p=1765

I'm confident you and your family will enjoy it.