Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a part of walking through

We don't like the idea of walking through a trial. We'd rather avoid it altogether. I find this to be the case for me. Many of my struggles I'm afraid are of my own making (or have been) or due to my own weaknesses. Because of that I am prone to think that I need to solve these problems myself.

But I'm learning that we need to persevere in faith through the trial. Of course according to God's will revealed in Scripture and in Jesus. But we need to find God's salvation which is not only past and future, but is ongoing in our present. And we need to beware of the notion that we should fix the problem ourselves. If we do, we may miss out on something greater God wants to do for us in Jesus.

Just a few thoughts, as I must get around soon to shovel and travel to work early, because of the Winter here. But what might you add to them?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

shovel? sounds like you have some white stuff to walk through!

we might have snow in the valley this sunday...a chance. we normally just get rain, more rain, and occasional ice and very little snow.

Ted M. Gossard said...

Nancy,
I guess I'd opt for the rain, but of course, not the ice. Snow is beautiful, though, especially with the sun shining on it. I love to look at it, but I also love to see it gone when the warmer weather has finally taken over. We have a good ways to go before that.

But I think you folks live in beautiful country. Probably milder because your lake effect is more like ocean effect.