Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ethics and the Will of God: the Legacy of Dietrich Bonhoeffer

If you have time, maybe doing a project in the house, I would encourage you to listen to this program on Dietrich Bonhoeffer. I think it gives us an important look and feel for who he was, and what he lived through, as well as his thought and acts in doing so. It also gives us a good sense of his humanity, that he struggled with feet of clay, as the rest of us do, but with a remarkable faith not dependent on circumstances, but cast on God and his will.

2 comments:

Allan R. Bevere said...

Ted:

Thanks for the link. I have not yet listened to it, but I have bookmarked it for that project around the house.

I quote from Bonhoeffer so much in my sermons, that I have had some parishioners buy the Cost of Discipleship.

Ted M. Gossard said...

Allan,

Awesome. Yes. I can't wait to get into more of his writings (next will probably be "Life Together"). And this is the kind of stuff one will want to reread, to be sure.