Thursday, October 01, 2009

grace when needed

God is faithful and his grace to us in Jesus comes when we need it. I don't know why life can seem so hard, and why I can be so fearful. I seem to be going through a season of fear right now, and I suspect it's related in part to the fact that I am more in prayer lately for people. It is evident that when more of God's light comes into our lives, the enemy's darkness can pursue us. But that helps us to become more dependent on God, and certainly more humble. More cast on him.

I find it wonderful that in answer to prayer God gives us the grace we need when we need it. It is like Scripture says, a multifaceted grace, and applies to whatever need we have. But it's answered in accord with God's will, and not our own will, or what we think we need, though we most certainly can ask and should ask in specifics. And we can be thankful for our strong sense of need, and realization that we do need him.

What have you learned on this that you would like to share with us?

2 comments:

Mama K said...

I like the phrase "multifaceted grace". Where did that come from? I think I will ponder that concept for bit. Thanks.

Life's toughest times cause me to throw myself against the Father for his strength and love more desperately, more intensely than any other times. The resulting intimacy is so sweet and precious that I almost regret when the crisis is past and life returns to normal. Sounds crazy, but those times of deepest pain are also the times of sweetest fellowship with God Himself.

Ted M. Gossard said...

Mama K.,
I know what you mean. Those are blessed times, though we don't wish for the trials to come. But hopefully we can keep growing in appreciating them as James 1 tells us to.

From this verse in 1 Peter 4:

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms."