Friday, August 08, 2008

friends and fun

Life has plenty of troubles and struggles. But it's always good to find true friends and along with that some fun in the mix.

We really need friendship with others, and we need a bit of fun, as well. Life can get really heavy at times for all of us. In Jesus everything created can be enjoyed. We need to be serious, but we need also to have some fun. We shoot a few rubber bands here and there at work. Can break the monotony. And always good to interact with true friends- people who accept and love us, warts and all- and we them.

I have found that both friends and fun need a bigger place in my life. Both gave me a needed boost yesterday. My true friends helped me smile, right from the heart.

How about you? What place do friends and fun have in your life? I know friends are on a different level than fun, yet the two can mix of course.

4 comments:

Crowm said...

Sometimes I think we take ourselves too seriously. God uses friends to cause us to laugh (even at ourselves at times) and bring us back to reality.

He gave us emotions including joy and laughter. Those things are so important in our lives.

I'm attempting to get better about giving myself permission to be less serious and have fun.

Great post!

Anonymous said...

i would like to have a friend that is sometimes fun.

perhaps i can talk to God about that one.

Ted M. Gossard said...

Mike,
Thanks. I guess an important part of seriousness is to have fun, since this is a part of life as God made it and is remaking it in Jesus, and since God is, after all, God, and we're not.

I believe those in my head, but am slow of heart and life, it seems.

Ted M. Gossard said...

Nancy,
Not easy to find it seems. I have alot of friends with whom I have some fun, especially at work. Hopefully you'll find that friend soon.