Monday, May 11, 2009

belated Happy Mother's Day

A belated Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers. And I hope it was a special day for all you women. We had a good time in Ohio with my mother. Here she is with my wife, Deb.


It ought to go without saying that women are as important as men, and in some ways more important. They shape their children in ways that are unique. And I believe females being subject to males is simply a result of the Fall, and not a part of God's original design and intent in creation, nor in the new creation in Jesus. In Christ there is neither male nor female. Not obliterating our sexuality which in Jesus is redeemed and will be glorified as part of who we are as persons. But simply insisting that in the new creation in Jesus we are all one, in all our differences united together.

I am thankful to God for the women in my life. For my mother, who built into me some important habits I have now: a love for reading, for good music, for hard work, and an appreciation for nature. For my wife who has stood with me through thick and thin and whose love for God and for me I simply see as pure grace and a gift to me from God. To one of our pastors, Sharon, whose ministry by the Spirit demonstrates to us God's grace and care, in the truth that is in Jesus. For many other women as well that I've known and know. I thank God for you all.

Late addition: Let me add that my mother was instrumental in leading me to faith in Christ because of her faithful witness over the years. And my wife was a good mother to Tiffany our daughter, endeavoring to teach her the faith, the Spirit guiding her at special times in Tiffany's life.

Anyone have anything they'd like to add to this?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture, so glad u were able to honor Mother and Deb on Mother's Day in Lima.
lu
Cheryl

Maxine said...

Ted,
Thanks so much for sharing this! What a wonderful picture. Mother was so grateful to you & Deb for coming. Thanks for all of the work you did to help her out. She really appreciates & loves you (as we all do)!!
Your Little Sis,
Maxine

Ted M. Gossard said...

Thanks, Cheryl and Maxine. Look forward to seeing you not long from now!