- I like to meet new friends from the blog world. These are people who share common interests, or who simply are there to share and help others. I think particularly of my brothers and sisters in Jesus. But I also include anyone who would like to enter in, to what hopefully can be a conversation.
- I like to converse. I am learning in this. It's an art of give and take, and more than that, of simply enjoying the other person, and what they have to share. I want to become more and more a conversationalist in blogging. This doesn't exclude an aspect of teaching/learning or even engaging in friendly debate, at times. But I'd like to see more conversation that helps us get to know each other better, and along with that, we can get to know our God better.
- The outlet for creativity. Some of you are particularly striking in this. I have my own simple outlet, and I enjoy it, and look forward to it. To share whatever I may, and to enjoy what others share.
- I do learn alot from others. Especially by reading their blogs. And sometimes when I'm challenged either on a comment I make on their blog, or on a posting I make on my blog. Also I am blessed by what others share on comments from their own life or thought, on a subject or issue.
- Last, but not least, I also want to see this as a ministry. I once believed the Lord was calling me to be a pastor. I went to schools, got my degrees, but God still needed to do a major work in my own heart. I was once called "an emotional cripple" when in my mid to later twenties, and that person, on staff at the school, and a counselor of mine, was right. But God did a work, and continues to do a work in me. And I want to share from that, and from whatever he gives me. And pray it will help others. I do think about how I might possibly be part of a community, in blogging, among those not of the Jesus community.
This is at least some of the reasons I enjoy blogging. What about you? What do you like about blogging?