Monday, January 19, 2009

on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

I'm good at missing big dates except for special family ones, and today was no exception. I was not aware until I was off to work that today is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. I believe without any doubt that he was one of the most outstanding leaders of the twentieth century. Like most Bible characters he had his flaws, but what he was about, how he led those with him, and what was and is being accomplished through his work will live on.

On Scot McKnight's blog, Jesus Creed, there is a special tribute to him today, with a question as to how his legacy from the "I Have a Dream" speech can impact directly the presidency of Barack Obama. So let's not fail to remember this day, and this is one good way of doing so.

1 comment:

Ted M. Gossard said...

Zisky,
I've deleted your comments because I don't want business on this blog, at least not the kind you are offering from what I can gather and am trying to understand from what came here.

Please comment back if you want to interact with what I've written. Thanks.